Wednesday, January 14, 2009

State Colleges on verge of trouble

I haven't been posting in a while--I hadn't realized that it was so long.

Perhaps my enthusiasm is starting to wane, but I don't think I'm ready to give up.

So in that spirit, here is an article from the Milwaukee Journal-Sentinal about state colleges in trouble:  http://www.jsonline.com/news/education/37546019.html

There is not much new news in the story, but it is a reminder about how precarious the finances are at private colleges.  It also warns of the coming cuts state institutions are likely to see in the next budget.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Endowments don't seem to be a huge issue to the comprehensive universities. State funding is the biggie. But the loss of money in the investments is reducing what my department can give students. The small liberal arts colleges certainly lack efficiency.