Monday, July 18, 2005

Roxana Huebscher adds her comments:

Thomas, What a logical, practical idea. Why wouldn't it work?
Random thoughts:
Could they possibly fire all of us? or at least those in admin? There is a fear factor, of course. And the idea that some cuts might work out well.
But then there also are rights (I'm talking rights, not the privilege of gaining an education) for young people, who trust that adults are making right decisions about their lives, including quality in education. Even the 'older' grad students I teach place a tremendous amount of trust in me, trust that I know what I am doing. So not only quality but trust will go away when we are not doing what we know is right, and more importantly, when we are not being what we need to be. I like the 'lean' principle but malnutrition is another matter.

Roxana Huebscher, PhD, FNPC, HNC
Professor and Interim Graduate Program Director
University of Wisconsin Oshkosh College of Nursing

No comments: