Monday, April 25, 2005

Opening Shot

I have been increasingly interested in the idea of blogging over the past few months. Often, I find myself losing hours here or there reading random, insightful comments in the blogosphere.

As I read, I toyed with the idea of setting up a place to keep track of the events and looming nastiness of the budget cuts at my university. The recent budget cuts have inspired me to write.

The governor declared that higher education was getting a grand boost in his latest budget. All of that expansion has brought us a cut in the neighborhood of 5%, as far as I can ascertain.

I, as a faculty member and employee, have very little insight into how these cuts are being taken, but this is largely because it has been a procedure cloaked in secrecy. Our dean has been fairly open describing the overall reductions, but specifics are few and far between.

Thus, in this blog, in an anonymous way, it would be nice to gather the tidbits that people know about cuts at the University of Wisconsin Oshkosh.

If you have any information that you would like to see posted here, you can sent me email at Winneblogo at gmail.com

No comments: